I didn't accept invitation to take over Premiership -- Minister Rajitha

 I didn't accept invitation to take over Premiership -- Minister Rajitha


I didn't accept invitation to take over Premiership -- Minister Rajitha

During the recent past a talk that the position of Prime Minister was to be bestowed on Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratna of the present government at the time when political revolutions were taking place. The Minister exclaimed to a weekend newspaper that that
rumour was in fact true.

This is how he spoke about it. "It is not good to say who made that invitation. The night before the no-confidence I completed work involved with that issue and proceeded home with the intention of getting myself prepared for my speech. Even though they said, I told them that more than 15 minutes could not be allowed for the speech and that I had the speech the following day. In the end I came for a 15 minute discussion; but that discussion dragged on till about 12 in the night.

Yes ... I was continuously asked to take over Premiership. That request continuously began to follow together with the no-confidence. It came in various directions. Even those whom I never thought of came to meet me, expressing their consent. There are so many stories like that; but those can't be exposed. It is not good to say so. I told the President also, because in this discussion the President's name also was used. I was given an idea that they came to speak to me after having spoken to the President also. In any case I told that I an not in agreement with that proposal. I have no hard feelings with anybody as such. Other than political issues, I have no personal problems. I asked that any person who wishes to meet me, can do so after this no-confidence matter.

Actually it was factions of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party who made those invitations. Then after that, factions of the United National Party ... various people getting together. I was on a firm footing. One thing, I detest stabbing from behind ... to a leader of mine. The opinion that I always have at my back is we should not weaken the President or the Prime Minister. Therefore I right along held on to that principle. What I said was that I am not prepared to accept it from the back door and that If I am to get it, it should be from the front door. So those cannot be predicted. It is not good to anticipate those things in politics. It is because none of those who hoped for those things could get those in politics. It was those who did not hope that got them. Therefore, it is better not to keep hoping for them".

(Sunday Lankadeepa -- Discussion with Prasana Sanjeewa Tennakoon)   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates