Advanced level student who dreams of becoming doctor in future acquires post of MP by contesting on UNP ticket

 Advanced level student who dreams of becoming doctor in future acquires post of MP by contesting on UNP ticket


Advanced level student who dreams of becoming doctor in future acquires post of MP by contesting on UNP ticket

A schoolgirl who recorded a highest voting percentage has been selected to the  Nattandiya provincial council as a listed member. Miss Chandi Subha Tennekoon living in Nattandiya, Kudawewa was a candidate who had entered the list under the United National Party.

Presently she is in her 18th year and is studying in the Science
stream at Nattandiya Dhammassara National School for the advanced level. She is preparing to sit for the advanced level examination this year to be held in the month of August.

Though Miss Tennakoon contested for the Kudawewa division at the last provincial council elections she could not secure the required number of votes for her victory. But on the percentage of votes she had obtained, the United National Party has decided to elect her as a listed member of parliament. Nilambika Tennakoon who functions as a teacher of Marawila Balika Maha Vidyalaya and Palitha Tennakoon who is the organiser for Kudawewa United National Party are her parents.

This is what the student member of parliament says: "According to father's political activities, I too am involved in politics. I under no circumstances allowed my educational activities at school be hampered by my political involvement. My future hopes is to become a doctor. My objective is to do some service to my motherland. Particularly, during this election period when I happened to go from house to house  I was able to understand the problems faced by people in the village. Now as the Party has elected me as an MP, my objective is to solve issues that I have identified. The housing problem of people in the village should be solved. Most of those in our village are living in reserves in small huts between the Puttalam lake and Il Road. They should be given a permanent place to live. At this point I wish to thank people of my village as those around it who always encourage me".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates